Thursday, November 18, 2010

It's Here............whoosh It's Gone

Holidays/Christmas...............they are here...and they will be gone. How do we slow them down? Or, how do WE slow down to enjoy them? Well, in my structured, organized fashion, I map out the calendar for what I want to get accomplished on what days. I make lists....gift lists, meal lists, chore lists, project lists......then set out to get one item done on a list at a time. To truly enjoy the holidays though, I make sure I set time aside for me. And being the fiberholic that I am, yes, it has to be fiber related. Yes, I even plan that spare moment. I sit and knit or crochet or better yet, spin........hhhhuuuuuummmmmmmm..........yoga for the brain.........whirling whorl....which gives off a nice breeze.......softness flowing through my fingers as the roving passes through it.........and oh yes, a little exercise as I treadle. Enjoy the Holiday Season as it is upon us. In my mind, the Holiday/Christmas Season is a lifestyle I try to keep all year long with a short celebration November/December. We have family, friends, people in need, all year long. Why not be kind to them all year rather than for 30 days from November to December?

Okay, brain shifting gears. This weekend is the SAFONA Fiber Show. Saturday 9-5, and Sunday 9-4. Lancaster, PA http://www.safona.org/ for more information. I will have christmas gifts available. Rovings, Batts, fiber related odds and ends, teas, tea pots, tea cups, books, patterns, etc. I will be available to accept fleeces for processing. Or, just come and join me as I spin and enjoy all the fiber.

No comments:

Post a Comment