Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Brisk It Is

What can one say. It is downright cold outside here in Holtwood, PA. But though it was cold outside, my day was a warm one. And though this is not fiber related, it is well worth sharing. You know, it's the little things in life that make the world a better place. I stopped at Darrenkamp's to get a few items. It's freezing out, it was a long day, kind of feeling a little blue, and when I returned my cart to the cart return in the parking lot, Ted (Darrenkamp's Outside Services)(and I looked at his name tag) said "Thank you for returning your cart". That kind word actually made me tear up. He took the time while working out in the cold to say "THANK YOU". I got in the car and thought, if he can take the time in this cold weather to say "THANK YOU", I can surely take the time to let him know I appreciated that SMALL ACT OF KINDNESS. So, I pulled up to the front of the store, said "excuse me" and explained to him that his "thank you" meant a lot, and gave him a small token of appreciation (to get a cup of hot anything for working outside).

How different the world would be if we can remember to use our manners, talk nicely, and be kind to one another. Even in tough situations, it can help to be the calm, kind one.

That's it for tonight. Yes I am going to go play in the wool. Got some pickin' to get done.
Stay warm, stay safe, stay dry.............

No comments:

Post a Comment